[MiNT] serial drivers

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > 1. Remove HS-Modem and fpatch in favour of real
> > device-drivers like Frank's uart.xdd for the Milan.
>
> I hope that I have a first public beta for the SCC this week.

Congratulations!

Although I no longer use modem ports, I am sure this will be
highly appreciated by everyone struggling with dialup.

On port I sometimes use, though, is MIDI.  Someone was hinting
that the 6550 wouldn't provide a stable output, but I woulnd't
know about that.  However, 31250 bauds is rather okay and could
be usable for small intranets.... as long as we have proper
drivers.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk