Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 08:43:53 GMT
From: Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@funkyware.atari.org>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser,

On 8.12.1999, Brian Van TIlborg <madmax@bfree.on.ca> wrote:

> So when you speak of technology, I hope we realize that we
> all aren't TT/Hades/Falcon/Milan users here.

There is still a point where you should _expect_ to upgrade to
more powerfull offerings of the platform - like the TT/Falcon, at
minimum.  People _cannot_ have SSL-enabled browsers that access
their bank account within 4 MB of ram, nor to run SSH on less
than 68020, for instance.

I had this discussion a couple of days ago with Bernard Diotte of
Microdell (a store in Trois-Rivieres QC that supports Atari) and,
without hesitation, Berny conluded that the TT should now be our
minimum support base.

IMHO, he is right.  The ST has limitations and we must upgrade to
something more potent as a minimal support level.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk