Re: [MiNT] serial driver config help

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:16:33 +0000, johnnie ligotage wrote:

> Jo-Even, Frank, any one else who has had success: could you please post
> your config files for your pppd when using the new scc drivers.

Sure :-)

/etc/options:

-----8<-----

/dev/ttyS3

----->8-----

/etc/options.ttyS3:

----8<------

115200
crtscts
connect "/usr/etc/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat-dagbladet"
noipdefault
defaultroute
asyncmap 0
-mn

----->8-----

/etc/chat-dagbladet:

------8<----

ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
ABORT BUSY ""
atz OK
atm0 OK
atdt22426052 CONNECT ""
login: joska
word: *****
Internet.

----->8------

I didn't have to change anything except the tty-names, and since I
didn't rename or link the devices in mint.cnf previously all I had to
do was to remove HS-Modem and install scc.xdd. I have not yet tried it
on my TT.

Please note that that while ttyS3 actually is the correct name for the
Falcon's modemport, the driver didn't install any devices for the LAN-
or midi-ports. It should have installed ttyS4 for the LAN and ttyS5 for
the modem, but instead it install ttyS2 (which is one the same SCC-channel
and the LAN-port) and no ttyS5.

/*
**
*/