Re: [MiNT] Y2K bug found

On 2.1.2000, Petr Stehlik <joy@sophics.cz> wrote:

> MR>However, clocky displays the date in a strange way:  01.01. :0
>
> you forgot to check my WWW pages on 99/12/31, didn't you? :-)

Hmm... OK, a hard-coded 2000.  I suppose it works for now.

> The version 2.50 is far from finished and should be used only
> if your ST does have the XBIOS Y2K bug (Clocky 2.50 contains
> a fix/workaround for that).

This XBIOS bug really should be fixed by a TSR or by patching the
TOS roms; putting it inside an application is a bad idea, IMHO.

It will also result in specific patch/no-patch versions of every
Clocky you release; a rather messy way to fix this, IMHO.

So, I guess the XBIOS patch should go on the to-do list for the
much-promised TOS 2.08 (or whatever number it will have) by Milan
Corp, in addition to AES 3.40 and 1 MB partition support.

Btw, I dunno how the existing patch works, but one way to detect
an ST without an RTC could be to check if the date at bootup is
older than e.g. 1.1.2000 and if it is, assume an RTC-less ST.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS