Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

I must admit I would be excited about a machine sporting
multiple processors (twin 060's with the potential for quads!)
with multiple coprocessors (twin DSP's also upgradeable to
four), a video-wall-ready graphics subsystem) and a
handful of microcontrollers to handle joystick / joypad /
mouse / DAC-ADC / local networking / TCP-IP networking /
and other I-O functions with complete VDI/AES support to
include load sharing with as many processors as it could detect.

Oh, let me dream of an add-on board consisting of an extra
pair of 060's ... an extra pair of DSPs ... and lots of extra RAM.
And ... let me dream of a machine that could handle SEVERAL
such add-on boards.

Power is not measured in MHz for me ... but quickness is,
and having a variety of general-purpose and dedicated processors
available would make that possible.  Give me that ... an OS that
allows me to effectively tap the available potential ... and a C
compiler with all the necessary bindings to the new calls ... and
watch me go!

George Crissman
strads@tmisnet.com