[tos4ever@online.be (Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier)] RE: [MiNT] How to unmount a partition?

To: owner-mint@fishpool.com
From: tos4ever@online.be (Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier)
Subject: RE: [MiNT] How to unmount a partition?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:27:46 +0100 (MET)

on Thu 17-02-2000 08:30 Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:

>> Every time I change the cartridge, the minix.xfs complains
>> that it wasn't
>> cleanly unmounted and that it should be fsck'ed. Well,
>> launching fsck every
>> time is a real pain... in the disk!  ;-)
>
>There's no need to unmount anything under MiNT - just don't eject the disk
>before the diskcache is flushed. The easiest way to do this is to eject it
>from Thing or the CPX you got with HD-Driver (if you *have* HD-Driver that
>is).
>
>Btw. I have a different problem with removable media under MiNT: If there's
>no disk in my Zip when MiNT boots, it won't recognise any disks later on.
>Does anybody else have this problem? It appeared around 1.15.3 IIRC.

I always boot without a disk in my Zip and yet the disks, be it TOS,
TOS/DOS, minix or ext2, are recognised later on. I do get that 'not cleany
unmounted message' however when I insert an ext2 disk.
Right now I'm using freeMiNT 1.15.6b.

TTFN
Martin

--
O-Tagger ß1.24: If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****