Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On 2000-2-16, Yann Lossouarn <lossouarn.yann@free.fr> wrote:

> MR > But x86 means an architecture change.  We could not assume MiNT
> MR > to be m68k-based, anymore.
>
> The best solution would be to have a multi-platform support
> (MiNT-PPC, MiNT-68k, MiNT-x86...). I guess this would be a
> large overhead ?

Supporting various 68k cores, plus subtle hardware differences
between ever ST/TT/Falcon, plus something Milan-specific, already
fills our kernel's source code. You might recall that eliminating
68000 support was considered as a possible action several times,
to partly thin down MiNT sources.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS