Re: [MiNT] timezone change

> > If the system-clock is running in UTC then ofcourse there will be
> > conflicts when running OS'es that assume that the system-clock ==
> > local-time... If you always use MiNT (or perhaps Linux or etBSD) this is
> > not really a problem, but even then you'll get conflicts if you're using
> > boot-managers like XBoot.
>
> Please explain me the conflicts. And a boot manager normally run before
> MiNT, or?

With the system-clock running in UTC only MiNT will create correct timestamps on FAT-partitions, TOS and/or MagiC will use UTC (since neither understands the concept of timezones and local time).

And yes - the boot manager runs before MiNT, that's the problem. It will date any files it changes in UTC, not local time.

Jo Even Skarstein