Re: [MiNT] timezone change

Guido wrote:

> The RTC doesn't care what time it sees.  The user cares.  And TOS gets
> local time.  That matters.

I think there's a lot of confusion going around here now, if you can explain how TOS/MagiC gets local time while the RTC runs in UTC, that would help a lot. I for one don't understand it at all. Does TOS or MagiC know about UTC/local time at all. No, it doesn't. So unless you use some special software to change the GEMDOS-clock from UTC to local time under TOS and MagiC, I can't see how this can work.

I *do* understand that MiNT stamps files on FAT in local time, but that doesn't really help if local time under TOS/MagiC == UTC under MiNT...

If you can get MiNT to use UTC internally while the RTC runs in local time (which I understand is supposed to work now, but doesn't.) this problem is solved. But as long as I have to run the RTC in UTC I can't see how I can use this feature.

Jo Even Skarstein