[MiNT] STDIN and STDOUT are on a boat...

...And the boat is sinking with me on board.  ;-)  Any way...

Hello everybody,

Could someone explain to me (and to everyone interested around here) the
mysteries of STDIN and STDOUT?

What I'd like to know is how a program could catch the STDOUT output of another
program... and how a program can satisfy the STDIN needs of another program.

The project behind the questions is to do something like...

$ program1 | my_program | program2

...as it could be done with 'bash' or any shell. So 'my_program' catches the
STDOUT output of 'program1', does some computations and send the results to
'program2' as STDIN for further computations.

In fact, I intend to let 'my_program' have a command line to use files aswell
as STDIN/STDOUT... but I need first to know how to build the pipelines in
between STDOUT and STDIN, and the refinery in the middle.

See you later,

Remi Villatel
E-mail: maxilys@normandnet.fr