Re: [MiNT] getty problems

Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> Hello!
>
> It seems that getty ignores the speed arguments passed to it.
>
> ttyS0 "/sbin/getty std.19200" dialup on    # /dev/modem1
>
> This should set ttyS0 to 19200 bauds, but it apparently fails, as
> "stty" confirms the port is at 9600.
>
> Has anyone got a solution to this?
>
> Additionally, even if I set my terminal to 9600, login dies with
> a bus error after I input the username.  It doesn't even go as
> far as password.
>
> PS:  this is the MiNTOS getty.

I had this problem. I seem to remember some hard coding of 9600 baud. I
can't remember if it was in the getty
program or the getpassword. Anyway, the login program must be correct
for your file setup. I tried a version
of login from the original mintos compilation and had the same bus
error, but I was using the KGMD setup.
The login also appears to have some paths hard coded.
This is as best as I can remember. It was almost two years ago.

--
Brent
http://www.thirskauto.com