Re: [MiNT] timezone change

On 2000-3-27, Stefan Berndtsson <stefan@nocrew.org> wrote:

> If the RTC is set to UTC, and MiNT is running, and my
> MiNT-system is properly configured, then when I save a file
> and my watch says 14:54, the file will get the stamp 14:54.
>
> When I reboot into TOS, the RTC is still set to UTC, but TOS
> doesn't know about my localtime-difference, and therefor,
> when I write the file, the time will say 11:55 (takes a
> minute to reboot, right? :)).

Except, when running in TOS (or MiNT - same thing) I want my
files to be in EEST, not UTC.

Basically, UTC is a load of crap for the end-user, because
everyone is suddenly assumed to be living in Greenwich.  Well, I
don't give a damn what time it is in that tinseltown or what
weather they have.  I live here, not there.

Therefore, RTC == localtime and MiNT should live with that.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS