Re: [MiNT] timezone change

On 2000-3-27, Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> wrote:

> > > You should not use localtime, things go much better in UTC.
> >
> > Anbd then my RTC and files show a time that has nothing to do
> > with what my wristwatch says.... no thanks.
>
> The environment variable MINT_CLOCKMODE is not evaluated, neither by the
> kernel nor by tzinit.  Run "tzinit --localtime" instead.

I use that too.  However, where did that MINT_CLOCKMODE came
from?  I probably haven't added it to my MINT.CNF by accident;
only because I was told at one point that I need it.

> Shame? On me? You need little fantasy to figure out what I
> think of you. You're both impertinant and ignorant!

I could well say the same of you.  Knowing everything about
POSIX doesn't mean you will produce stuff that makes sense the
real users living in real places.  Nor does it guarantees that
what you will code will magically work.  You enjoy living inside
some mainframe in Greenwich and having your brain tick in time_t,
that's fine by me.  Just don't expect real users to do the same.

EoF

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS