Re: [MiNT] broken LD

Hi.

This is not a personal attack, and it makes little difference to me, but I
think its worth saying something....

<quote re-inserted as its relevant>
> > > What do you expect from such a helpful bug report?  LD doesn't
> > > work, doesn't find it's crt0.o.
<snip>
> > <rakas:>/usr/local/src/net-1.04-2/tool$ more make.err
> > ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
>
> That doesn't help at all. The command line of the gcc with -v option is
> the only helpful information.

Frank, why did you not simply reply "please tell me what output you get from
running with -v" rather than saying basically "your bug report sucks".
Martin's bug report appears to be completely consistant with the output that
he was seeing. The fact that the search path is not relevant to crt0.lib is
not obvious, and nor was the fact that the error message is useless (whats
the point of an error message if its of no help for diagnosis?), and Martins
bug report was accurate to the output.

We seem to go through cycles of Martin reporting a "bug", you simply saying
"its not a bug.", then Martin getting very worked up by your unhelpful
response, and then finally after lots of flames we get an explanation as to
why this happens. It'd be much easier if you made an effort to be helpful
upon the initial report....

Anthony
Domination-Q3: http://www.planetquake.com/domination
EraserULTRA:  http://ultra.quake2.co.uk