Re: [MiNT] timezone change

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 12:46:00PM +0100, Jörg Westheide wrote:

> JES>it would be nice to have automatic DST and timezone-correction under
> JES>TOS/MagiC too, wouldn't it? ;-)
> Only if it works perfectly with all the operating systems

*If* it is possible to hook between Gemdos and XBIOS, it should be quite
easy to run the RTC in UTC and convert between that and local time, so that
Gemdos runs in local time, but the RTC runs in UTC - it is just a matter of
determining the offset between localtime and UTC one during startup and
adding/subtracting that offset on all XBIOS time calls.

The only problem is that I am not sure if the Gemdos in non-Milan TOS (and
Magic) versions calls the XBIOS via the trap or via a direct call.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen