[MiNT] Proposal for SLB extension

Hi Konrad!

KMK>Sorry, but the basic mode of MiNT operation is to run with memory
KMK>protection enabled, and the possibility to disable this is
KMK>*optional*. Not the other way around.
I was refering to machines not capable of MP there

KMK>It doesn't "can", it must be used for oter libs too.
Ten, if it can be done, do it.
I'm not going to implement anything

KMK>However, imho there is no need to waste even one memory block.
Wasting is a matter of the point of view

KMK>The "new" SLB type you're continuously talking about is completely
KMK>transparent for applications.
and
KMK>There are no problems at the user level.
See my mail to Thomas

KMK>SO there is NO new SLB type, just an extension which utilizes a legal
KMK>field in the SLB header provided there for future usage.
That is what I understand under a new type, it has a modified interface

I think your proposal is the wrong way, because it doesn't solve the problem
from the root, it only tries to cure the symptoms.
The problem is that the overhead is too big. So the real solution is to
reduce/remove the overhead and not to create situations where the overhead
can be reduced/removed.
To me the way Thomas and Julian are discussing (using act_pd) seems to be a
very good aproach, as it has no/only little overhead even if there are
libraries needing the basepage pointer

Bye

                Joerg