RE: [MiNT] Proposal for SLB extension

> > a) you define SLBPATH=u:\c\multitos\slb
> > b) you put all your libraries in u:\c\multitos\slb\
> > c) and every Slbopen() call with NULL path will assume the $SLBPATH as the
> >    default folder to search for the libs.
>
> Sounds good, except that MetaDOS anf MagiC accept a path list here as
> well...

Well, and MiNT (currently) doesn't. I think it is a good compromise
though, because:

a) one has default folder for SLBs so the limitation is gone.
b) the folder is defineable
c) all this is done with no overhead necessary for path searching,
   which can currently hardly be done in the background.

I see no problem in the fact that other implementations accept path list
there and MiNT doesn't. This at least makes all this very simple, and also
the code is compact and fast.

What about the proposition for SLB flag extension? Did A. Kromke make any
reply?

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.