Re: [MiNT] broken LD

On 2000-4-6, Frank Naumann <fnaumann@freemint.de> wrote:

> As the search of crt0.o has nothing todo with the linker it's
> useless to try to replace the linker.

Incorrect.  When a tool reports an error, replacing this tool is
the first and most obvious course of action.

> Right, my egcs and 2.8.1 are relocated to /usr/local as /usr
> is reserved for rpm maintained packages.

Please do not impose your personal choices on others.

/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

and

/usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib:/usr/local/m68k-atari-mint/lib

are all valid path choices and should all be supported always.

> Do you checked your environment?

There is nothing wrong with my environment.  Undocumented,
inconsistant, hard-coded paths in GCC ports were the problem.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS