[MiNT] Longfilename support functions?

Hi all!

I apologise for this quite stupid question, but I didn't find the solution
all yesterday's night ;-(

In JAY Groups II I'm trying to cache files in memory when possible. I set up
the tree with
pathnames as the search key. Well and this is the problem. The pathnames can
be in any case
on TOS filesystems (TOS, VFAT) but not on Minix or ext2. Which function I
have to use
to get the right (even case) pathname for user entered pathname. Or is there
other way to cache
the files and not to open the same next time when application receives e.g.
the AV_START
with the same name (the letter case needn't to be rigth on TOSfs), or via
D&D.

Here is a model situation:
I have one group file opened (e:\thing\index.grp). It contains another
groups nested, so that I can
expand (support "treeview") some other group in it. (You know these groups
from TaskBar. ;-))
But there are two entries like e:\Thing\MAIL.grp and e:\thing\mail.grp. This
should be the
same file on TOSfs, but not when e drive is e.g. ext2. If I try the Fopen I
can realize whether it
was found or not, but I don't want to touch disk when it is not necessary, I
want it to be cached.

The only solution I think of is to ask the drive whether it is
FullCaseSensitive via Dpathconf() and
if not then simply lowercase the pathfile for the cache keys. Is there any
other, more way?

thanks

Stanislav Opichal
JAY Software