Re: [MiNT] Longfilename support functions?

> > was found or not, but I don't want to touch disk when it is not
necessary, I
> > want it to be cached.
>
> MiNT itself always cache such things. There is no need to cache it again
> especially as you will get heavy conflicts if other applications modify
> your cached data.

This is not the point of what I want to do... I just don't want to open the
window
again when the program receives the filename in another letter case.
Moreover, the program should work on all Atari OSes. In the other systems I
can lowercase the pathname contrary to MiNT.
Simply, when the file is in memory I don't want to read it one more and
handle
it as a different file. (several window contents synchronisation should be
able
too).

> Increase better the buffer cache of MiNT and let the buffer cache decide
> which things he cache (this is some sort of LRU cache).

Sure this is the way for MiNT, but again it should work everywhere an

regards

STan
JAY Software
http://www.inf.upol.cz/~opichals/jay