Re: [MiNT] MiNT lib 55

> > You recall wrong. The 68020 and 68030 are 100% identical (considering the
> > instruction set), except the code that supports the external MMU, which
> > was removed in 68030. Nothing was "experimented" in 68030.
>
> An internal MMU and instruction cache, with the additional calls
> to control them, those are not differences?

1) The 68030 MMU instruction set is a subset of the 68020 external MMU.
2) The 68030 data cache is controlled with the same instruction as in
   68020. In other words, there is no additional instruction in 68030
   to control the data cache.
3) all this is supervisor code, never produced by the gcc, and not related
   to any optimization options.

So I repeat next time: as for you, Martin Eric, there is no difference
between 68020 and 68030.

And by the way, 68040 and 68060 also have data caches and internal MMU. So
this cannot be called a "revert to the 68020 ideas" or whatever words you
used. As for you there is also no difference between 68030 and 68040. As
for you there is also no difference between 68040 and 68060, although it
would be, if you'd were a library designer, for example.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.