Re: [MiNT] MiNT lib 55

> Frank told me, that dropping the code, that emulates stuff on poor systems
> would make the library dramatically smaller. So, the library is big,
> because it emulates MiNT features on TOS and MagiC. My question is, why a
> MiNT only program, which does not have a chance to work under TOS or Magix
> (ssh for example, or pine, or syslogd, or init, or whatever needs
> mintnet) has to carry all this stuff inside? This is not a stupid
> question, because the current situation is that MiNTlib is used as libc
> for gcc, so it is mainly used to compile programs which run under MinT,

Konrad,

I agree with everything you wrote 100% except of the last sentence above -
I _do_ use gcc/MiNTlib for creating programs that should run on TOS
compatible machines - not MiNT only.

I don't know if it's possible but I would like to see a single -DMINTONLY
flag in MiNTlibc Makefiles that would allow some (network) programmers to
create MiNT only libc (probably even MiNT 1.15.x only) while the others
could still write-once-run-on-any-TOS-machine (cfr. Java rule nr.1 :-)

Petr