Re: [MiNT] 1.15.8b kernel

On 2000-5-9, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz <draco@obta.uw.edu.pl> wrote:

> One VT-52 command in the welcome text made you compile problems? :)

No, but it prompted me to compile my own kernel, because it
prevents me from reading the info provided by programs loaded
before MiNT.

Also, I tend to prefer a kernel built using -O3 optimization and
the FPU enabled, anyhow.

> And this was added, because here the welcome message is printed over the
> text that has been printed by previously loaded programs (apparently my
> Falcon's VT-52 emulator works differently than that in TT or Milan).

I never ran into those problems here.  The text has always
started on a new line.

> I guess the healthy assumption is that no change is made
> without a reason.

Unless the change attempts to fix something that wasn't broken.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS