Re: [MiNT] MiNT lib 55

On 2000-5-14, Frank Naumann <fnaumann@freemint.de> wrote:

> > Well, Frank's specs transform that into 020-040 plus FPU.
>
> That's not true. The spec file translate (for the cpp) the machine
> specific compiler options into the required default defines for this
> machine option. And as m68020-60 implies m68881 __M68881__ is defined.

One thing I have always wondered (Julian and Gryf might have
interresting answers to this one too):

Is there a way to support anything from the 68881 as a 68020/030
coprocessor, to the built-in FPU in a 68040/060, using the same
compiler options?

Btw, as far as I can tell, the ASM line in your specs _does_
transform mc680* into 68000.  Most other lines in your specs
seem to support either 68000 or 68020-60 and nothing else.

This 68020-60 flag is not a bad idea, in itself, as it simplifies
compiling binaries for a larger range of hardware, but it _does_
mean code that is somewhat less optimized than it could be.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS