Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:11:02 -0700
From: Eduardo Chappa L. <chappa@math.washington.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Subject: Re: mimetype changing on post

*** Andrew Daviel wrote in the comp.mail.pine newsgroup today:

:) If I compose a message with attachments, Pine appears to attach them
:) with the proper MIME type as found in my .mime.types or /etc/mime.types,
:) but when the message is actually sent the MIME types are changed.
:) image/gif seems OK, but HTML arrives as text/plain and
:) PNG as application/octet-stream.

Jeremy Blackman has a patch for pine4.10 that should avoid this
problem. You can pick it up from  ftp://ftp.listar.org/pub/listar/other/

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/