Re: [MiNT] DNS-utils RPM error

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> I got an error, when installing bind-utils-4.9.7-1.m68kmint.rpm:
>
> 	file /usr/share/man/man5/resolver.5.gz from install of
> 	bind-utils-4.9.7-1 conflicts with file from package
> 	mintlib-0.55.2-1

Yes! Read the info. about it on the Sparemint site. You needed my patches
to the 'then' mintlib to build it. At that time there was no mintlib-rpm,
so there was no question of conflicts! :-)

> I already know how to override this, but I just thought MINTLIB
> and package maintainers alike ought to be informed of dependency
> conflicts in their RPM.

This was, and still is, well known. Until the resolver-library is
incorporated into the mintlib, which will require MAJOR changes to
mintnet, building any of the bind package, will never be much more than a
hack/experiment. That's not to say it doesn't work, in as much as mintnet
will let it.

I think Guido or Frank, has 'obsoleted' it, with the mintlib-0.55.3
release.

Salut/.

J/.
__