Re: [MiNT] miniSQL

Hi

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Jan Krupka wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I tried to compile miniSQL 1.0.16. All binaries was successfully builded.
> But when I try to run server it only prints this message:
>
> mSQL Server 1.0.16 starting ...
> Can't start server : UNIX Bind : Function not implemented.
>
> What is wrong? Is it in my setup or hasn't MiNT-lib or socket some important
> function?

I had a play with this, and got exactly the same results.

If after running 'setup' (run as root), you change '#define HAVE_SYS_UN_H
1' to '#undef HAVE_SYS_UN_H' in common/config.h, and then run make, you
will have marginally more success! This forces it to use INET sockets.

You will be able to start the server - I haven't tried with an msql.acl -
you will then be able to run msqladmin but use the '-h localhost' option
to "create test". Unfortunately, here, msql buss errors with both PC and
ADDRESS equal to 0.

Salut/.

J/.
__