[MiNT] Device drivers for all Atari chips

Hello everybody,

I think there is something which could be very
interesting
to do, and I did not read any information about it.

I am talking about writing device drivers for all the
different chips we had in our Atari computers, because it
would increase portability of chip-dependent software.

I would also write a skeleton device driver, because I
think it would be useful for people wanting to write ones.
The same goes for filesystems.

There are 2 chips I am thinking about, which device
drivers
would be easy to write: the blitter and the dsp.

One problem is the dependence between some chips, like
the
interruptions from the MFP, the Floppy DMA used for SCSI
in the Falcon, and so on.

The goal is to have a Mint Kernel which don't rely on
TOS
rom, (or any system patches in Auto folder) and which is
completely independent.

--
                          Patrice Mandin

Programmeur Linux,Atari