[MiNT] Mint, CAB & i-connect

This is a Mint question that arose due to problems I am
having with my isp.

My isp changed the way that logins are done and since
they did I have been unable to login with Sting.
Everything looks right in my set-up but still no connection.

Out of desperation I tried connecting with the Draconis
Milan-home package and succeeded. This suggested that
my isp might be using CHAP instead of PAP but they
insist they are using PAP.

Next I tried using the i-connect (ppp-connect) package
supplied with CAB. Now I thought that this didn't work
under Mint as it required Magic (threads, I think).
However, I was able to connect to my isp. CAB was very
slow but I was surprised that i-connect worked at all.
I am using the last Mint release (1.15.5).

Sadly, if I can't find the cause of the isp problem with
Sting then I will either have to switch to Draconis & i-fusion
or convert to Magic so that i-connect can work better.

Regards,
Peter S.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.