Re: [MiNT] *Don't* buy Biodata cards from A.G...

Hello!

> A brief word of encouragement:
>
> Please, please do make this SCSI-Ethernet project a success. I have nothing
> against the ROM-port solution, but the SCSI-based option offers the ability (I
> do hope) to have more than one ethernet adapter, and still retain the use of the
> ROM-port. It has a lot more potential - easier to incorporate internally in
> recased machines, etc.

Yes, the SCSI option is also hopefully faster as the romport solution. The
MiNTNet driver get 50 kb/s ftp download, 80 kb/s ftp upload on a normal
falcon 030. On afterburner it's 80 kb/s download, 200 kb/s upload. And the
adapter is polled, not interrupt driven.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060