Re: [MiNT] bug in unlink/MiNTLib?

Hello !

Guido Flohr a écrit:
> The Linux manpage for unlink() says that EPERM (Permission denied) is
> returned if the file /foo/bar "is" a directory and EISDIR is returned if
> the file /foo/bar "refers to" a directory.  Looks like a pathname can only
> "refer to" a directory there because I cannot convince the Linux kernel to
> honor an invalid unlink request with EPERM.

It may be the difference between "/foo/bar" and "/foo/bar/" (or perhaps
even "/foo/bar/."). I don't have any linux box around to test, and the
UnixWare 2.1.2 manpage for unlink don't talk about EISDIR (only about
EPERM), so I assume it always returns EPERM in this case.

Hope this helps...

Xavier
--
Xavier Joubert (Xaz) - Nantes (France) - mailto:xavier.joubert@free.fr
Falcon 030 + CT2b + 68 882, 14+32 Mo, 3.2 Go IDE, Mitsumi IDE 12x