Re: [MiNT] cross compiler for m68k-atari-mint on x86-linux

Thanks for the help Frank and Michael...

I managed to get GCC compiled and installed last night at 3 am... Not sure
if everything is working correctly, but I did manage to get a "hello
world" cross compiled and running on the Falcon, so that's encouraging.
:-)

One thing I noticed, after installing gemlib and cflib, I still don't
have aesbind.h and vdibind.h that many applications expect.  I tried
symlinking those to gem.h -- is this correct?  Compiling oaesis didn't
work that way, and gem++ seems beyond hope in terms of getting it to
compile under 2.95.2 :-)

Is there a trick to getting the correct atari includes directory set up?

Ryan

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > I have the mintlib headers installed, and I have made them available, but
> > even then I get several dozen errors related to missing definitions and
> > whatnot.  I'm not sure what could possible be the problem.
>
> You installed MiNTLib 0.55.3? You know, these header files are only
> required to build the libgcc and the libstdc++ and this stuff. The
> compiler itself is compiled from the native compiler and this should work
> ok (or you made a configuration failure).
>
> > Wondering, if you have a source tree that has been patched and compiles
> > correctly for you, could I possibly give it a try?
>
> I can make such tree. But it's rather large ...
>

> Tschuess
>    ...Frank
>
> --
> ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060
> http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~fnaumann/
> e-Mail: fnaumann@freemint.de

"Energy is the only life, and is from the Body; and Reason is the bound or
outward circumference of Energy. Energy is eternal delight . . ." - W. Blake