Re: [MiNT] Device drivers documentation

> Simply open the corresponding device that is available under /dev. All
> normal file I/O calls work (read/write). It depend highly on the type of
> the device. For controlling special things you can do ioctl(). These
> ioctl() depend on the type of the device too.
>
> On tty devices there are a lot of ioctl() that are well documented.
> FIONREAD/FIONWRITE are always available.
>
> On which device do you are interested?

Well, for example, the mouse device. When I read from it, how can I
know what read bytes mean ? For example, when moving the mouse,
do the bytes present in the read buffer have the same format than the
one for the IKBD (e.g. header+buttons pressed, movement X, movement Y) ?

--
Patrice Mandin

Programmeur Linux,Atari
Specialite: jeux, outils de dev