Re: [MiNT] Re: TOSFS

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:40:47 +0100 (CET), Maurits van de Kamp wrote:

>(Sorry, can't quote, accidentally lost the original message).
>
>Martin-Eric, the fact that an application works on SOME systems is indeed
>not proof that it is bugfree, but it IS proof that it's compatible with
>the system. In this case, the mentioned apps are compatible with NEWFATFS.
>If they do not work on SOME systems, like yours, this indicates - as Frank
>said - a bug in NEWFATFS which could be fixed if the reporter of the bug
>could come up with slightly more sensible information than just "it
>doesn't work" followed by a load of flames.

Furthermore, if stuff is as flakey as he makes it out to be
nothing would ever work correctly anywhere.  So then you have
to ponder why buy a second machine and fight with them?
Whatever strangeness is going on over there it is not something
I've seen on my systems, and soon I'll have a 5th addition
to my collection.

Lonny Pursell    atari AT bright DOT net    www.bright.net/~atari/