Re: AW: AW: [MiNT] tosfs

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Nope, both programs you mentioned work perfectly with NEWFATFS,

Stop phantasizig and listed carefully:

I have to _identical_ TT's here, both with TOS 3.06 US and both
with the exact same setup and binary versions.  Results are
widely different on both, for several binaries.

Examples:

TZINIT
Works well on TT#1, offsets time in the wrong direction on TT#2.

Imagecopy
Changes the palete on 16-color images that use system colours on
TT#1, doesn't change the palette on TT#2.

DATETIME Cookie PRG
Works well on TT#2, makes no difference on TT#1.

I could go on for ages and add more examples, but it would be
pointless.

Just like Rodolphe Czuba should understand that apparently
identical Falcons might sometimes fail with his CT2, you should
understand that identical binaries might react differently on two
different systems.

"It works fine here" only ever means that.  It should never be
interpreted as a generalization that dismisses any problems
others report.  Period.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.