RE: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.10b

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, johnnie ligotage wrote:

> I tried out the command line version of shutdown (I don't
> even remember where I got this from) and that fails with the
> -r, reboot, option but again the -h, halt system, option
> works.

My own "shutdown" version still works on all options.

I just downloaded and installed the 030 kernel, drivers and
tools, for a test.

MiNT-Net seems less stable than before but remains usable,
the MFP driver prevents Minicom from working using either ttyS0
or Modem1 and is unstable using Connect, while the floppy driver
makes MiNT crash with an hardware access error, during bootup.
Also, CD-Player occasionally dies with a memory violation error,
which crashes the kernel itself half the time.

Hapilly though, SPIN! works again (failed to install itself in
the drivemap since about 1.15.6 to 1.15.9) and so does Xconout2.
The /kern folder shows very good promisses and is a quite happy
improvement; job well done on this one, Frank.

I guess now that the Net is considered a part of the kernel
modules, SOCKDEV.XDD could be integrated into the kernel, thus
making XIF loadable by the kernel itself, right after device
drivers are loaded.

Well, okay, overall, this new kernel is a bit unstable, but it
shows a _lot_ of improvements over previous ones, especially on
the new design ideas part.  Well done!

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.