Re: [MiNT] tosfs

Hello!

> Extendos does not work with NewfatFS...
>
> I have to use Extendos with Inscriptor (a part of CD-writer) because it's
> not working with Spin or else I cant burn files on CD-rom.
>
> Extendos is the only program I have seen who not works on NewfatFS.

Extendos is stated to be a TOS-MetaDOS driver. Extendos hacks itself into
the GEMDOS vector (strictly not recommended under FreeMiNT). That's why
you need the TOSFS that pass all calls down to the original GEMDOS (and
Extendos too).

As NEWFATFS handle the filesystem completly itself the original GEMDOS is
never called.

The only clean solution is that Extendos provide an xfs for the FreeMiNT
filesystem interface. All other is a hack.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060