Re: [MiNT] how to detect a connection?

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 03:56:00AM +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> How can I wait for a ppp-connetion to establish?
>
> Currently I'm using some kind of polling:
>
>         x=0
>         while ! ( route | grep -q ppp ) && [ $x -le 5 ]
>         do
>                 let x=x+1
>                 sleep 15
>         done
>
> And looking for something more elegant.
>
> -Helmut

Read the manpage pppd(8) and write scripts /etc/ppp/ip-up and
/etc/ppp/ip-down to react to the link being brought up or down.

I can mail you a preformatted version of the manpage if you don't have
man/groff.

For a quick start without the manpage:

	#! /bin/sh
	# This is /etc/ppp/ip-up
	#
	echo $* >/tmp/ip-up.arguments

You can probably guess what the arguments are then.

Ciao

Guido