Re: [MiNT] X server problem

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:48:24 , joy@sophics.cz (Petr Stehlik) wrote:

> RL>The problem is the new sockdev.xdd which seems not to work correctly
> RL>on TTs (and sometimes on Falcons).
>
> Does this include crashes of random programs and hangs of the whole
> system after some inactivity period? I currently have a very unstable
> system. How many people are OK with FreeMiNT 1.15.10b? Do the developers

Nope, the only effect is, that x-clients might think the connection
to the server where broken, due to getting returned a non awaited
EAGAIN from read or write call, but no crashes.

> (Frank, Draco and others) use the 10beta without troubles? I heard from
> other users about problems with latest freemint kernels. What is your
> experience?

The most trouble I have is memory fragmentation, and only really few
crashes (but few more than with 1.15.7).

Regards,
    Ralph