Re: [MiNT] last?

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Or you grab the tw52/tw100 termcap entries and add it to the
> machine you want to login (you can put such stuff in your
> $HOME too).

Termcap is severely deprecated.  so much, in fact, that most
systems don't recognize it anymore.

In my case, I have solved the problem using 'tic' to compile
termcap entries for all Atari/MiNT terminals, on any host where I
have access.

The usual syntax is:

tic termcap.src

where termcap.src is a file containing the terminal definitions
to be added.  On systems where you have root access, the entries
will be added to /usr/share/termcap hierarchy, while on others
there will be a new .termcap folder in your home directory.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.