Re: [MiNT] new UTC/NTP documentation uploaded

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Under MiNT the time warp is therefore initiated by an
> Ssystem(2) call and the 'tz_minuteswest' member of struct
> timezone is always significant, both in Tsettimeofday(2) and
> Tgettimeofday(2).

> P.S.: In the GNU libc for Linux, settimeofday() is only a
> wrapper around stime() and a non-NULL timezone argument will
> generate an ENOSYS.

On MiNT, does stime() always work in UTC?

Basically, K9 works by assuming that Tsettimeofday operates in
UTC and thus systematically treats the second argument as NULL;
its content is ignored.  This is the correct behavior on most
Unices, as far as the NTP development team tells me.

If MiNT has a funtion that is designed to set the kernel's UTC
reference, leaving it up to the kernel to adjust the timezone
difference afterwards, I could easily patch K9 to work on MiNT
as expected.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.