Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.10b fragmentation

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:41:54 +0100, Guido Flohr wrote:

>I think a black list of programs that need to have their program flags set
>to global would be sufficient.  In fact that list would not be too large,
>on my MiNT system only a handful of applications needed to be
>reflagged.  But kind of an official list with problematic programs
>(including version number if the problems were fixed during
>development) would surely be handy.

That goes back to Petr's original idea.  Could it be taken one
step further I wonder.  For example if some app can be tweaked
to run under MP, how about an effort to update the archive and
have the old archives on the popular ftp sites replaced?

This way the next person that downloads the pacakge can just
use it and perhaps avoid searching thru a list of problematic
programs.  That's not to say a list should not be maintained,
but it would help new comers to MiNT if these old packages where
distributed already tweaked to work.

I've no idea how one would go about getting ftp.funet.fi for
example to remove or replace an archive.  Perhaps I'm asking
for too much, but it seems like a simple idea that could help.

Lonny Pursell    atari AT bright DOT net    www.bright.net/~atari/