RE: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> I run the AES under non-root accounts all the time. Not because I'm afraid
> that I will steal from myself, but to protect my setup from personal errors
> and mistakes. This will no longer be possible :-(

Make the AES binary owned by root, and set +s for it. Alternatively you
may set SECURELEVEL=0 in mint.cnf, this disables the restriction (as most
restrictions of this type).

> > Sorry, too complex.
> >
> Indeed. So will the life of average users be if one focus too much on
> theoretical security exploits on the expense of practical safety.

No you get this wrong :-) First, security exploits are not theoretical
anymore because it has been proven that they are possible to write,
right? Second, remeber that all changes to the kernel are done by people
(including me) who are not only programmers, but also, at the first place,
daily MiNT users. So if something is impractical or makes life very
difficult, it is quite unlikely to be introduced.

Some belief, please, at least from time to time ;-)

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.