Re: [MiNT] International question

> > So I was thinking about changing all this so that only English messages
> > could be compiled into, and if one wishes to have MiNT speaking another
> > language, the local version of the messages could be soft loaded. Sort of
> > RSC file, but simpler a lot.
>
> the code for loading and parsing the file will take more memory than the
> other languages texts compiled in.

Are you sure about it? Certainly the code would take more memory than
three messages in five versions each, but if we decide to support more
languages (e.g. Swedish, Czech, not to mention Polish), the proportions
may change.

Also, compiling local versions of the kernel would not be good idea
because the distribution would have to contain the nunmber of precompiled
kernels according to the following formula:

	n = cpu_versions * languages_supported

i.e. at least 24 :>

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.