Re: [MiNT] OT: Falcon HW reg question

Hi Petr,

Petr Stehlik a écrit:
> I need to know everything about registers $FF8006 and $FF8007
> (Compendium is very wrong on these). Also, I would like to know how the

Those registers were only partialy documented by atari. I've never found
a complete description of them. Since I had to look at the TOS 4.04 code
for the CT60, I can tell you that some bits indicate the amount of
memory, some others have functions I don't understand (they are copied
in an undocumented videl register...). Just take a look at the beginning
of ROM.

Why do you need this ? You want to write a new OS for the Falcon ?

> IDE interface HW regs are used (in which order they are programmed, how to
> construct logical sector number from the parameters etc). Also some IDE
> registers TOS 4.04 uses are marked as N/A in Compendium so I would need
> better doc on these as well.

http://www.t13.org (the official source for ATA/ATAPI), since the Falcon
uses a standard IDE controler.

> BTW, doesn't someone have some routines that would emulate either blitter
> (except sources of STonX which I have but are a bit cryptic) or directly
> the LineA routines in TOS 4.04? I would love to get rid of Blitter once
> and for all...

I have some sources, but as you already know they won't help you much.
You want to use MMU to disallow BLiTTER access and then catch bus error
? You must know this can only be done on 030. 040 and 060 can't do that
because of their simplified MMU. That's why I didn't write a full
BLiTTER emulation for CT60.

> Last but not least: how to enable memory test during boot (the line right
> below Atari Fuji logo) - I disabled it 7 years ago and I cannot find out
> how to enable it :-)

This is stored in NVRAM. Find a NVRAM editor on your favorite ftp.

Hope this helps.

Xavier
--
Xavier Joubert (Xaz) - Nantes (France) - mailto:xavier.joubert@free.fr
Falcon 030 + CT2b + 68 882, 14+32 Mo, 3.2 Go IDE, Mitsumi IDE 12x