Re: [MiNT] popen()/pclose() and the pipes?

Frank Naumann wrote:

> > Can somebody tell me how to replace popen()/pclose() with GEMDOS calls or, at
	[---CUT---]

> It's part of the MiNTLib, see stdio/popen.c. I don't think it match your
> requirements if you only want to redirect stdin/stdout to a pipe.
> popen/pclose open a new shell (/bin/sh) that stdin/stdout is connected to
> the pipe returned by popen.

(I'll go and see the sources of the MiNTLib any way.)

I thought it was you who ansered me the first time but it was Guido Flohr.
Whatever. What he told me is corresponding to what you told me except that he
didn't talk about opening a new shell. Besides, I realised that I can't pass a
command line to the popen'ed program. That's useless.

> I can post some example code that directly use the system calls (there are

You can if you want. It won't harm nobody.  ;-)

> some workarounds for wrong kernel behaviour). You can ask Marc-Anton Kehr
> or Ingo Schmidt too; they are both GFA coders and I posted both same
> example code about usage of pipes. They translated that into working GFA

Either you post me the same example code (I'll do my own "translation") or you
could give me the email addresses of Marc-Anton and/or Ingo.

> code as far as I know. Maybe a working GFA example is the best way for
> you.

Where's the fun if it's already working fine? What about will I complain?  ;-)

À bientôt,

Remi Villatel
maxilys@normandnet.fr