Re: [MiNT] Status of init packages for Mint ?

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 03:53:11PM +0000, Mandin Patrice wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I tried the SysVinit approach for the init scripts
> (shamelessly stolen from my Debian system) before my hard
> disk crash, and it seemed to work.
>
> So I would like to know it anyone is working on it, because
> it seems to be not a so huge work.

Look at the package sysvinit (a pre-alpha init suite, not fully working
yet).  You are free to use the existing work.

But if you say that it seems to be not a so huge work, I doubt that you
have gotten very deep into the matter.  It /is/ a lot of work.  Don't
expect to change three lines and the whole thing works with MiNT.  The
boot process and the way that a GUI is fired up differs so much from a
standard Unix+X11 setup that you need to change a whole lot of stuff
first.

Ciao

Guido