Re: [MiNT] Path names

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 02:00:29AM +0200, Henk Robbers wrote:
> It is a very good idee. You can do away with the separation of name and content.
>
> If you have seen my face, you dont need my name to recognize me.
> Same for files. You only need to know where files begin. There content tells you
> who they are.

Never trust filenames!

We were looking for a system administrator here.  To test them I had
prepared something really mean:

ln -sf '/etc/passwd  -rw-r--r--   1 root     root     91746326 Feb 30 24:62 core' precious
ls -l

I gave them a root shell (the terminal must be 80 characters wide!) and
their job was to remove that giant core dump! :-))

Be sure to reset the x-bit of /sbin/fsck before you try that one out with
real humans. ;-)

Ciao

Guido