Re: [MiNT] OSMD - NKEMD structure

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:42:41 +0200 (CEST), Standa Opichal wrote:

Hi,

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Bohdan Milar wrote:
>
> > - I won't create separate src.rpm files but will include the src
> > files to bin rpms into dir usr/share/doc/...
>
> I thought that the sources are not compilable any more. The versions of
> libraries woudn't match and would be hard to find the appropriate ones.
> I think you can just add the src.tgz for each package separately. Only for
> programmer's review posibility.

That's why I include them in /usr/share/doc and not in /usr/src

> The bin packages should be created normally - package by package - but not
> by building the package-src.rpm, however by making bin.rpm using the KGMD
> binaries you have.

Yes, I would like to do that, but still do not know exactly how.

> > - I am looking for new versions of all non-SpareMiNT KGMD programs
> > and new non-SpareMiNT + non-KGMD MiNT software. Please help !!!
>
> Linux should have them all ;) When you are finished with the basic
> packaging and get working system it would pop up the missing features and
> we'll search for the possible replacement (or addition) we need.

I can give you the list just now, but who of you have time to port
them. Jan (Honza) said that if he will be ill (and at home) he could
have some time.

> > elvis:
> > - I don't think it is important so am not going to add it in NKEMD.
> > Nevertheless some files from /usr/ucb (elvis, elvprsv, elvrec, input)
> > have no SpareMiNT equivalets.
>
> the vim, note was quite "in-place", but what about speed? I thing ST many
> users will satisfy the elvis there is. I would keep the package there.

We are preparing a SpareMiNT (and so 030) distribution.

> > finterd:
> > - package renamed to finger-server
>
> Why? Is there any other distribution with such name for this package?

RedHat Linux 7.1

Regards,
		Bohdan Milar