Re: [MiNT] BogoMips

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 11:10:30PM +0200, Frank Naumann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > > write-back per default for normal memory (I/O space and so on is mapped
> > > serialized).
> >
> > OK, so the Milan doesn't use copyback at all?? Not good...
>
> I meant copy-back (isn't write-back another word of this?).

Yes. The terms used vary between processors, but the function is the same.

The next slower alternative is write-through (ie. no delayed writes), then
no-cache (or cache-inhibited) and last no-cache/serialized (called
"cache-inhibited/precise exception model" on the 060 - which only makes
sense for IO areas).

cu
Michael